Thursday 24 August 2017

GOOD FENCES

I am linking this image with GOOD FENCES. While I was on the Isle of Wight recently, my daughter Gillian and I went for a lovely walk and came across this church that certainly Queen Victoria used when she was in residence at Osborne House. Beatrice, Queens Victoria’s daughter also attended there often on Sundays.  When we arrived home Chris, Gillian's husband had a wonderful BBQ ready for us.








Many thanks for visiting and also leaving comments on this post.

13 comments:

  1. wow great and impressive church. Love for your famil

    ReplyDelete
  2. This church looks like a castle! So it would make a Queen feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen Victoria was a very, very busy woman. Love the wall/fence behind your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photos of a beautiful church. I haven't visited that one - will remember it when we next go again to Osborne House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally my daughter tells me it is open and manned by volunters and you can have tea/coffee so it would be worth finding out the opening hours. That was a Sunday and I imagine they do not open it in that way on that day.

      Delete
  5. A peacefully lovely place, i would enjoy visiting thee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, what a beautiful church. Lovely series of photos. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty old church! And a great portrait!
    I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have memories of churches like that in "Young Victoria" Probably not this one. You captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those old churches have so much character.I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks a lovely walk and to end with cooked dinner amongst family - that would be my idea of a great day!
    Beautiful last photo too!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely series of photos. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete