Friday 15 September 2017

FRIDAY'S HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS - Costa Rica

Time for Friday’s Hunt and Weekend Reflections.  This week the letter is K, Old and Stinky.  In Costa Rica I saw and photographed a number if KINGFISHER and this one is called American Pygmy Kingfisher and it is only 5 ".  It was hard to photograph as I was on a moving boat but I have a video below.  The female has the green ring on her chest.  









If the video does not appear below CLICK HERE.



While we were travelling by bus  in Costa Rica, we passed this shop which appeared to sell OLD things of by gone years.  





Now for STINKY!  I was not going to add a photograph this week for this word as there was absolutely nothing STINKY in Costa Rica.  However recently I had a tour of a OLD Lightship and one place in it was STINKY- The bilges!.  Some other time I will show and tell you about this only Lightship which is the only one of its kind in the world. 


Well I cannot end with the word STINKY so back to the garden in my first hotel in Costa Rica.  This is a long mirror with a REFECTION from part of the garden.


Many thanks for visiting and also leaving any comments.

8 comments:

  1. Morning Margaret - well done with the Kingfisher, she's gorgeous. As are the treasures in Costa Rica, that when you wish you'd brought a bigger suitcase isn't it?
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to have a mirror at the end of the garden. Great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Margaret...that is an amazing shot of the Kingfisher....from a moving boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have assembled a nice set of oranges.
    I like them, especially the birds.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very late visiting again - such a busy work week. I just love the kingfisher shots - the perfect bird for the letter K!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the images of the kingfisher. I had no idea they were that small. Looks like a great collection of old things there. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. So sorry I'm late visiting.

    ReplyDelete