Friday 23 June 2017

FRIDAYS HUNT and WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Time again for Friday’s Hunt and Weekend Reflections and today’s letter is Y, Favourite and Splash.  Y is for YELLOW and I thought the first shot had a wonderful SPLASH of colours and you can see the YELLOW is SPLASHed throughout it.  Also my YELLOW clogs are slighly on the big size for me!!.  These 2 images were taken when i visited the Keukenhol Gardens in Amsterdam this year..





Not only is this a REFLECTION image above but you can see the YELLOW lights in the background of the hotel and also the way the water fountain makes a SPLASH on the water.  These images was taken on our way back to the hotel after an evening cruise in Amsterdam.  





While we were in Amsterdam we visited the Rijks Museum and in the garden they have this fountain and it was such fun to watch as all the jets did not come up at the same time and people tried to get inside the whole fountain before they got wet and then had to try and get out again before they even got one SPLASH of water on them. Often they did not succeed!  Two if us had a go.


I was away for the weekend on Great Saltee Island, near Kilmore Quay in Wexford and while waiting for the boat to take us to the mainland I photographed the waves as they dashed against the rocks creating a huge SPLASH.

Many thanks for visiting and also for leaving comments.

15 comments:

  1. Love those fountains. This klutz would have become very, very wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colored ornament is gorgeous!! And I do think you need a shoe size a wee bit smaller! The next to last fountain shot is my favorite, I love fountains. And I think that is people in there! I bet they came out wet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, love the cute yellow clogs. The water fountains are pretty. Gorgeous shot of the waves. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, I also have a picture in such shoes.
    The fountains are beautiful.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My what big shoes you have, grandma.... oh... that's a different story. Lovely fountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your clogs! I think I have a picture of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool fountain photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shoes! But what is that first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an beautiful flower looking first image. Your shoes are so cute. Amsterdam is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...splashes galore! Now those are big shoes to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phantastic reflection, very special by night, and the photo of the fountain is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good this morning (afternoon there), Margaret. I think I wore those same Yellow shoes for a picture, before digital, back when we were there. (The only Western Europe countries we've missed are a few of those tiny ones. Even been to the Isle of Man. I am a quarter Corkill.)
    Also great on your Egyptian goose post this morning. Did you ever see any in Egypt?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lovely ornament is a wonderful splash of colour indeed. My favourite picture is the one of the waves crashing on the beach. The one of you in the clogs made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bright colors in that thing (what is that thing) in the first image. Very cheerful! Love the clogs. LOL The fountains are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete